From June 3rd until July 27, dig into groundbreaking reads at Scenic Regional Library. Learn about innovators, people who broke the mold, or about zombies, who literally broke through the ground. It's free to participate for all adults ages 18 and up.
* Visit your local Scenic Regional Library branch and pick up an Adult Summer Reading Program pamphlet and reading log.
* Read any three books.
* Complete and cut out an entry form to have your name entered in a drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite e-Reader.
* Anyone who completes the first entry (reads three books) earns a Dig Into Reading water bottle.
* Earn an additional entry in the prize drawing for each additional book you read.
* Earn an additional entry in the prize drawing for each book review you write. Each review must be five to ten sentences in length. The reviews will be shared with other readers on the library's website.
Pick up additional entry and book review forms at any Scenic Regional Library branch.
Try one of these groundbreaking books this summer!
* Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy - first techo-thriller
* Raising Children in Difficult Times by Benjamin Spock - groundbreaker in the field of Child Psychology
* The Thomas Berryman Number by James Patterson - his first book
* Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson - information technology groundbreaker
* Irish Thoroughbred by Nora Roberts - her first book
* Isaac Newton: The Last Sorcerer by Michael White - science groundbreaker
* The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks - first zombie survival guide
* Monet, or the Triumph of Impressionism by Daniel Wildenstein - art groundbreaker
* Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson - first collaboration between Barry and Pearson
* Space Chronicles by Neil deGrasse Tyson - groundbreaker in making Astrophysics accessible to everyone
* Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - first collaboration between Preston and Child
* Dorothea Lange: A Life Beyond Limits by Linda Gordon - photography groundbreaker
* Crossing by Night by David Aaron - first book you will find on the fiction shelves in the Union Branch
* Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice - interviewing groundbreaker