Application for Employment may be downloaded here.
Scenic Regional Library
Collection Development and Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Scenic Regional Library serves 132,500 people in Warren, Gasconade, and Franklin counties with branches in Hermann, Owensville, New Haven, St. Clair, Union, Warrenton, and Pacific. The library's administrative offices are located in Union, Missouri, about a 50-minute drive southwest of downtown St. Louis.
The Collection Development and Interlibrary Loan Librarian is responsible for the acquisition of all new materials for the library system. The library system has a projected new materials budget (including electronic resources) of $765,000 in FY 2015. The position also oversees borrowing and lending through WorldShare interlibrary loan and the Missouri Evergreen consortium. The Collection Development and Interlibrary Loan Librarian also shares responsibility for the operation of the library district by serving as a member of a management team with the Director and other administrative staff.
HOURS OF WORK
The Collection Development and Interlibrary Loan Librarian is a full-time, exempt position with a minimum of 40 hours per week, typically 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
MLS from an ALA accredited library sciences program. At least three years of recent, progressively-responsible experience in public libraries involving collection development.
In addition to any other duties as assigned, the Collection Development and Interlibrary Loan Librarian has these specific responsibilities:
1. Evaluate research databases and other electronic resources and make purchase recommendations
to the Library Director
2. Purchase adult and children's print materials, e-books, e-audiobooks, audiovisual materials,
and periodicals in consultation with the Library Director and Youth Services Librarian
3. Manage the library's standing orders
4. Evaluate donated materials for addition to the collection
5. Utilize review resources and other collection development tools to assist
and guide the purchase of new materials
6. Oversees borrowing and lending through WorldShare interlibrary loan and the Missouri
7. Assist Branch Managers with weeding the library's collection
8. Recommend and implement library policies and procedures
9. Participate as an Administrative team member in budget development and strategic planning
10. Serve on library system committees
11. Supervise a part-time interlibrary loan clerk
12. Stay up-to-date on professional developments through participation in professional organizations,
system meetings, workshops, conferences, and continuing education opportunities
13. Meet with vendors about new services and products
14. Develop expertise of the Evergreen ILS acquisitions module and online vendor ordering systems
15. Analyze the library's collection and circulation patterns to assist and guide the purchase of new materials
SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
1. Enthusiasm for working with the public and a wide variety of people
2. Well organized and able to effectively prioritize
3. Knowledge of Windows Operating System, spreadsheets, word-processing software, Internet browsers,
4. Work without direct supervision
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and a positive attitude
7. Ability to exhibit good judgment and establish effective working relationships with staff and colleagues
within the library, local government, and vendors
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Maneuver materials, carts, tables and chairs
2. Operate computers, printers, copy machines other equipment
3. Communicate with patrons and staff in person, in writing and on the telephone in English
4. Stand for up to 4 hours without sitting while presenting or assisting
5. Sit for up to 4 hours while doing work on the computer
6. Drive to branch locations or other locations for programming/workshops etc.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
1. Salary: $40,000-$50,000 starting range, depending on the candidate's experience and qualifications.
2. Benefits: This position will receive the following paid benefits: holidays, sick leave, vacation leave,
insurance (health, life and dental), and retirement (LAGERS). The library offers optional dependent
health insurance, vision, dental, voluntary life insurance at the employee's cost.