Applications for US Passports are accepted, by appointment only, at all Scenic Regional Library branches. Masks must be worn during the appointment. Application forms may be downloaded from the Department of State at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html/ or picked up at the branch.
Applications will be processed, by appointment only, from 9:00 a.m. until 30 minutes before library branch closing.
Please bring with you:
- The completed but not signed application form.
- An original birth certificate or certified copy of your birth certificate (a certified copy has the seal or stamp of the official issuing authority and is available for $15 from the County Health Department).
- Franklin County Health Department: 414 East Main Street, Union
- Gasconade County Health Department: 300 Schiller Street, Hermann
- Warren County Health Department: 101 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 100, Warrenton
- A valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or military ID.
- One 2” X 2” photo of yourself. Most Walgreens and Walmart stores will take passport photos.
All Scenic Regional Library branches are also equipped to take passport photos. Passport applicants can get their passport photos taken during the application process, if they choose, for a fee of $15 per applicant. The photo fee will be added to the passport acceptance fee of $35 per applicant, for a total of $50, which can be paid with cash or a check payable to Scenic Regional Library. Applicants may still bring their photographs if they choose. The service is only for passport applicants. An appointment is necessary for passport applications; the photos will be taken at the time of the application.
- Cash, check, or money order in the amount of $35 made out to Scenic Regional Library for the execution fee.
- Check or money order in the amount of $130 made out to the Department of State for a passport book, $30 for passport card, $160 for passport book and card (see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/fees.html for fee descriptions. Other fees apply if you want expedited or overnight delivery service.
Some fees and identification requirements are different for children.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact or visit the branches:
- Hermann Branch, (573) 486-2024, 123-A Bavarian Hills Blvd, Hermann
- New Haven Branch, (573) 237-2189, 200 Douglas Street, New Haven
- Owensville Branch, (573) 437-2188, 503 South Olive Street, Owensville
- Pacific Branch, (636) 257-2712, 111 Lamar Parkway, Pacific
- St. Clair Branch, (636) 629-2546, 515 East Springfield Road, St. Clair
- Sullivan Branch, (573) 468-4372, 525 Cumberland Way, Sullivan
- Union Branch, (636) 583-3224, 251 Union Plaza Drive, Union
- Warrenton Branch, (636) 456-3321, 912 South Highway 47, Warrenton
- Wright City Branch, (636) 384-1136, 60 Wildcat Drive, Wright City