We would like to wish all local students and teachers a happy and safe school year! Just like the rest of the world, visits to the library are a little different right now. We are used to having big crowds after school, but right now with all the CDC guidelines in place, it makes visiting the library after school more challenging. We are here to help guide parents and students through those visits. We are so happy to have the students back, but have age limits and time restrictions in place to protect them, as well as other patrons.
1. All students under the age of 12 must have a guardian with them while in the library.
2. We prefer that all patrons ages 2 and up social distance and wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose while in the building.
3. All patrons must keep their personal belongings with them at all times, including backpacks and musical instruments.
4. Study rooms are limited to 2 persons at a time.
5. In an attempt to prevent exposure to COVID-19, we have removed the Xbox, Clevertouch, toys, and games.
6. We have a laptop available for student use, loaded with Microsoft Office, Skype, Zoom and other software. If it is needed on a certain day and time we encourage you to call the library to reserve it for that time. Otherwise it will be first come, first served.
The following guidelines will be in effect on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2:15 to 5:00pm; and Wednesday from 1:15 to 5:00pm.
7. Number of people allowed inside the building, based on CDC guidelines, excluding staff, is 20. If a student under the age of 12 comes to the building when it is already at capacity, we will find whoever is acting as their guardian inside the library (see #1) and ask them to join the student outside. They will be able to re-enter when capacity allows. If a parent comes to pick up their child when we are at capacity, we will find the student and send them out.
8. There are only 6 computers available due to social distancing requirements, so during these hours there will be a 30 minute time limit with no extensions. Patrons are welcome to use our Wifi network with their own devices.
9. All patrons, including students, are asked to keep their visits inside to a maximum of one hour.
10. The patios will be closed and patio doors locked during these hours. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have concerns, please reach out to the library and we will be glad to assist!